Wednesday 28 May 2014

A Visit Home Part I

We've just spent a truly lovely few weeks visiting home.  It was not all wonderful, the sudden loss of a very special man made for a bittersweet welcome home.  Words cannot express the joy in seeing friends and family on our home soil, so, as is my wont, it will be in pictures.

The first week was spent in Brisbane catching up with some of our favourite hairy friends and family.

At Knights of the North

My favourite Knight of the North in the Whole Worlde.

And of course we all know that the Politarchopolis/St Florian
World Domination Treaty is alive and well.


My favouritest Brisvegas Girlie

Swimming between the flags at the Gold Coast

/

The lovely, and very old, Shubs who ran out to meet us in Brisbane.
One of the loveliest things about Brisbane was spending time with Rufus and George, as well as a whole range of Rufus' school-friends and their partners.  While David conferenced like a maniac I got to hang out with Jacky, the cutest little button Ivy, Matt, Phil, Dougie and Anna.  It was fabulous.  Then David and I climbed into the green and purple Jucy machine.  It was special, but we had an uneventful drive to Canberra - including sleeping in the van in a rest stop -  and visiting Byron Bay - where we didn't see any real hippies at all.  

Yes, for the first time we went to Byron Bay...
I did stop at the Rainbow Shop and bought Rainbow Pants.
It is apparently legal to turn left, cross a road and run over a bike
Who'd a thought?

When I was a girl, hippies were on the pill..........




No comments:

Post a Comment