Some icky things have happened over the last few days. My computer keeling over with no notice, the removal of kittens from engine bays three times, the constant financial hiccups and discovering they were probably my own fault, realising that there was no way the phd was going in when due, weird dreams that probably mean I'm homesick, and to top it finding one of the kittens dead in the engine bay of the blue car; after I'd been driving it around all morning. It took 20 minutes for the lovely men at our local service station to extract the body and I was a touch pathetic. I know it isn't my fault, but that doesn't help very much.
Anyway, I need to concentrate on some good and lovely things. So here they are:
1. Thanks to the wonders of technology, I have talked to fabulous friends for long stretches (thank-you google-talk), had random phone conversations and sms's from James and George as they travel round the USA (thank-you viber) and got to chat with my mum and dad when I felt like it (thank-you NAWRAS even though you cost me lots - it's all worth it)
2. I have a fabulous husband who let me have a very cute kitten (not the one in the engine thank goodness!)
|Said husband after work with Bundle|
|Helping quietly (for once)|
|Impossibly cute from afar|
|Impossibly cute close up|
3. My house is slowly becoming a home as things get added, such as:
|Carpets, and plants and blinds|
The curtains and blinds have made a huge difference in the house. They keep everything cooler and look great. The large blind is still waiting for Elmer the Curtain man's scaffolding man to come and help him put it up. The Roman blinds in the entry look gorgeous and don't detract from the rather dramatic light and dark contrasts; the little pleated blinds are just plain cute. The other curtains add a splash of colour in otherwise stark, white rooms and the echo's are slowly receding.
|One of a pair of Afghani woven wool carpets|
|Did I mention carpets?|
The Afghani knotted wool carpet in the study
|A working study!|
Check out the Ikea bookshelves!
Hours of entertainment for one little kitty!
4. I get to collect more rocks, shells and coral!!!!!
|from Sawadi Beach|
5. I can count to ten in Arabic - slowly, but I can - all I have to do now is learn to spell them in their transliterated form. sigh.
Thank-you all for listening :-) I feel much better now.